Last Updated on by Indian Holiday
You acted nicely during winters but now that summers are approaching, please be kind to us.
Creatures of planet Earth
No matter how much we plead with the sun, it’s going to shine the brightest in June. No wonder, June in India is sweltering hot and these best places to visit in India in June are exactly what you need. You don’t know it, but you need it! June is also a holiday month and most schools/colleges are closed, which means now is the perfect time to plan a trip in June with family. Escape the warm climate and head to the cold places to cool off the heat. From Kashmir to Kanyakumari, here are the best places to visit in India in June with family.
Best Places to Visit in June with family in North India
1. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Witness the Himalayas in all their enigmatic glory
Shimla is one place that one can never ignore when planning holidays in India in June. The weather is soothing, the surroundings are speaking to you in million different ways, and all you want to do is sit on your balcony with a view of lofty mountains. Right? With a wide variety of things to do in Shimla, families have so much to do and explore. So, embark on a journey to Shimla in June with your family and explore the pristine beauty of the ‘Queen of Hills’ and the erstwhile summer capital of British India’.
Why should you visit Shimla in June with your family?
Shimla weather in June: With temperatures ranging between 7.8°C and 22.1°C, the weather of Shimla in June is extremely pleasant.
Attractions in Shimla: Here are some of the things to do in Shimla in June that your family is going to love –
- Lay under the star-studded sky.
- Stroll on Shimla Ridge with kids.
- Shop for your family at Mall Road.
- Indulge in thrilling river rafting.
- Enjoy the Shimla toy train ride.
- For a birds-eye view, try paragliding.
- Spend family time at Chadwick waterfall.
- Take blessings at Jakhoo Temple.
- Witness the sunset at Scandal Point.
- Try cycling with kids.
- Visit Summer Hill.
- Take a historical walk at Kuthar Fort.
- Sit in Simla Times for a family dinner.
2. Nainital, Uttarakhand
The place that got its name from the eye-shaped lake
With so much to offer to both kids and adults alike, a visit to the charming hill station of Nainital with family is a must. Much known for its serene lakes and peaceful environment, you can bond over scenic boat rides in Naini Lake. This is the reason, Nainital is extremely popular among tourists and is one of the best places to visit in India in June with family. Whether you are interested in history, architecture, or simply Mother Nature, Nainital in June is a great choice.
Why should you visit Nainital in June with your family?
Nainital weather in June: The temperature in Nainital in June varies from 13.1°C to 26.3°C. It is the first month of the rainy season and is still quite pleasant.
Attractions in Nainital: Depending on your likes and interest, kids and adults can enjoy these activities –
- Enjoy boating in Naini Lake.
- Witness the Himalayas from Tiffin Top.
- Buy gifts for your family at the Tibetan Market.
- Catch the sunset at Hanuman Garhi.
- Relish the panorama through the Nainital ropeway.
- See the animals at Jim Corbett.
- Offer prayers at Naina Devi temple.
- Trek to Cheena Peak.
- Take your kids to Nainital Zoo.
- Try camping in Nainital.
- Explore Mall Road.
- Visit Pangot and Kilbury Bird Sanctuary.
- Sightseeing at Cave Garden.
3. Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
The perfect blend of beauty, spiritualism, and adventure
The ultimate hub of Yoga and Meditation in India, Rishikesh earned its fame back in the 60s when the English rock band ‘Beatles’ visited here. Since then, it has been a tourist favorite. Relaxation, spiritualism, or adventure, whatever your purpose for visiting Rishikesh might be, it is among the famous family holiday destinations in India in June. River rafting, visiting Lakshman Jhula, sitting by the Ganges, and admiring the scenery, are some things you can enjoy with family here.
Why should you visit Rishikesh in June with your family?
Rishikesh weather in June: The weather in Rishikesh in June is pretty hot and it gives you the best reason to indulge in thrilling water-based activities. The temperature during this time ranges between 24°C and 36°C.
Attractions in Rishikesh: On your Rishikesh trip, do indulge in the most famous activities and sightseeing tours. Some of these include –
- Challenge the adventurer in you and try bungee jumping.
- Experience the thrill of river rafting.
- Do Flying Fox.
- Enjoy camping in Rishikesh with kids.
- Witness scenic views while trekking.
- Partake in evening Ganga Aarti at Triveni Ghat.
- Visit the famous Beatles Ashram.
- Soothe your body and mind with an Ayurvedic massage.
- Try and do some yoga.
- Visit Lakshman Jhula.
- Try different cafes in Rishikesh.
- Observe animals at Rajaji National Park.
- Eat a traditional Garhwali meal.
4. Auli, Uttarakhand
Paradise of natural wonders and man-made gems
Dotted with old oaks, pine trees, and apple orchards, Auli is a cold place to visit in India in June. The views and weather in Auli in June are something to die for. As the temperature is cool in June, therefore, it is the best time to plan a summer holiday to Auli. The snowy wonderland of winter seems breathtaking during summertime. Apart from skiing, this skiing destination in India offers stunning Himalayan views where kids, adults, and senior citizens all can enjoy Auli’s unspoiled environment.
Why should you visit Auli in June with your family?
Auli weather in June: The temperature in Auli in June remains between 10°C and 20°C. There is no snowfall but you can enjoy the various activities and mesmerizing views.
Attractions in Auli: Amidst the stunning spectacle of the Himalayan range, experience the best of Auli with these attractions –
- Admire the beauty of Auli Artificial Lake.
- Visit Nanda Devi National Park.
- Enjoy panoramic views on a ropeway ride.
- Set up a camp in Auli.
- Plan a half-day trip to Joshimath.
- View the Trishul Peak in its full glory.
- Hike to Kwani Bugyal.
- Spend time with family at Chenab Lake.
- Take your kids for bird watching.
- Shop until you drop at local Auli markets.
- Bond over delicious Pahadi cuisine.
Best Places to Visit in June with family in South India
5. Ooty, Tamil Nadu
Family time in the Queen of the Nilgiris
Also known as ‘Snooty Ooty’, this hill station in South India exhibits the perfect weather in June. Ooty has been featured in a lot of Bollywood movies and offers a wide array of sightseeing places to visit and admire. The lively nature and the unique experiences it offers make Ooty one of the excellent places to visit in June in India with family. Once the summer capital of the Madras Presidency, Ooty is a nature lover’s paradise. Visit Ooty in June and witness the picturesque valleys, mystic waterfalls, fascinating grasslands, and lush green tea estates.
Why should you visit Ooty in June with your family?
Ooty weather in June: With temperatures ranging from 14.4°C to 23.4°C, the weather in Ooty is pleasant, which allows families to indulge in outdoor activities and sightseeing.
Attractions in Ooty: Nature and adventure lovers, must indulge in popular activities offered in Ooty. Some of these are –
- Ride the Nilgiri mountain toy train.
- Stroll around the beautiful Botanical Garden.
- Witness the mesmerizing views from the Dolphin’s Nose.
- Visit the local tribes of Ooty and see Toda Huts.
- Trek to Doddabetta Peak.
- Plan a picnic at Pykara Waterfall.
- Shop for tea leaves, teacups, etc. at Tea Museum.
- Pay a visit to St. Stephen’s Church.
- Soak in the beauty of Upper Bhavani Lake.
- Visit Wax Museum to see the wax statues of people in Indian history.
- Have a unique experience at Honey and Bee Museum.
- Spend some time at Emerald Lake.
6. Coorg, Karnataka
The Coffee Cup of India.
Breathtaking beauty, diverse landscape, and ample wonderful experiences are the reasons why Coorg is known as the ‘Scotland of India’. Located in the Indian state of Karnataka, this hill station is one of the incredible places to see in India with family in June. The most fascinating thing about Coorg is its year-round pleasant weather, which ultimately lures a lot of tourists from all over the country. Visit this holiday destination in South India, and explore its sprawling and luxuriant coffee plantations, scenic waterfalls, and other attractions.
Why should you visit Coorg in June with your family?
Coorg weather in June: Coorg’s temperature in June fluctuates between 20°C and 29°C. This is the monsoon season in Coorg and you can enjoy the sounds of rains pouring down your window.
Attractions in Coorg: Amidst the lush green surroundings, indulge in some popular activities in Coorg with family here –
- Explore Abbey Falls.
- Cleanse your soul at Talacauvery.
- Feel like royalty at Raja’s Seat.
- Visit Gandhi Mantap.
- Have fun at Nagarhole National Park.
- Sip on aromatic coffee at coffee plantations.
- Walk around the tea estate.
- Try white river rafting in the Barapole river.
- Learn history at Madikeri Fort.
- Try fishing at the Fishing Camp.
- Explore Mallalli Falls.
- Spend time at gorgeous Iruppu Falls.
7. Munnar, Kerala
The picturesque beauty of Kashmir of Kerala.
Escape the summer heat and plan a holiday to South India with family. Among many beautiful places to visit in June with family is Munnar, a gorgeous hill station in Kerala. Nestled between the panoramic landscapes of nature, Munnar offers is the perfect refreshing escape in the summer. Whether you want to have a laid-back vacation or an adventurous one, this place is going to leave you overwhelmed with its crazy amount of activities. Tag your family along and head to this delightful place in southern India.
Why should you visit Munnar in June with your family?
Munnar weather in June: The temperature in Munnar varies from 16.7°C to 25.5°C with rains that beautify the entire hill station.
Attractions in Munnar: Here are some of the best things to do in Munnar in June with family –
Camp at Top Station.
- Visit Kolukkumalai Tea Plantation.
- Spend a night in a treehouse.
- Stroll around in Blossom Park Dark Forest.
- Relish mesmerizing views from Echo Point.
- Watch the beautiful scenery at Pothamedu View Point.
- Spend time at Lakkam Waterfalls.
- Take a safari tour in Eravikulam National Park.
- Enjoy a Shikara ride in Kundala Lake.
- Try mountain biking in the Western Ghats.
Best Places to Visit in June with family in Northeast India
8. Darjeeling, West Bengal
Among the highest hill resorts in India.
To get a respite from the blistering summer heat, head to one of the popular hill destinations in Northeast India, Darjeeling. It is a perfect mix of splendid tea gardens, scenic toy trains, and delectable traditional Tibetan cuisine. If you have kids, they are going to fall in love with this place. Enjoy the stunning scenery of the Himalayan range and indulge in sightseeing tours in Darjeeling. The valleys, hills, and alpine trees make it one of the best places to visit in June with family.
Why should you visit Darjeeling in June with your family?
Darjeeling weather in June: The temperature in Darjeeling remains around 25°C in June. It is the best time to visit Darjeeling as the weather is pleasant and you can indulge in many outdoor activities.
Attractions in Darjeeling: Amidst the panoramic scenery and pleasant weather, do some sightseeing and indulge in fun activities –
- Take your kids on a ride on the Batasia Loop.
- Seek inner peace at the Japanese Temple and Peace Pagoda.
- Stroll around the Rock Garden.
- Have a fun-filled picnic at Nightingale Park.
- Shop at Nehru Road and Chowk Bazaar.
- Mountaineer at the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute.
- Spot leopards at Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park.
- Relish the landscape from Observatory Hill.
- Enjoy a tea trail at Happy Valley Tea Estate.
- Ride a cable car at Darjeeling Ropeway.
- Go on gastronomical adventures in Darjeeling.
- Enjoy river rafting at Teesta river.
9. Gangtok, Sikkim
The sheer land of monasteries.
One of the best family holiday places in northeast India, Gangtok in June welcomes all with open arms and pleasant weather. Enveloped in misty, green valleys, it seems like scenery straight out of our dreams. It brims with awe-inspiring natural wonders, lofty mountains, enchanting lush green forests, and other beautiful natural aspects. Take your family to this beautiful destination in June and have the best time of your life. The cooling weather will beat the summer heat and leave you with nothing but joy and unforgettable memories of a lifetime.
Why should you visit Gangtok in June with your family?
Gangtok weather in June: The temperature in June in Gangtok remains around 25°C. The weather also remains cool and the scenery looks absolutely stunning.
Attractions in Gangtok: From visiting historic Buddhist monasteries and trekking, and more, here are some of the best things to do in Gangtok in June –
Enjoy stunning views while paragliding.
- Take cycling tours.
- Plan a picnic at Seven Sisters Waterfalls.
- Pay a visit to the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology.
- Drive through the scenic Nathu La Pass.
- Enjoy Yak Safari to the quaint Tsomgo Lake.
- Ride a cable car.
- Visit the beautiful monasteries.
- Catch the sight of spectacular sunset at Tashi Viewpoint.
- Take a tour of the Temi Tea Garden.
- Seek blessings at Hanuman Tok.
10. Shillong, Meghalaya
Scotland of the East in the abode of clouds.
Surrounded by green hills and pine trees, Shillong has a very peaceful ambiance. Be it the rolling hills or the charming monasteries, the families can explore a lot of attractions in Shillong. Spend time with your family on the banks of Umiam Lake, one of the famous places to see in Shillong. Apart from its natural beauty, Shillong has other activities to enjoy, which will keep kids happy and captivated. Sit on your balcony with a cup of coffee or indulge in adventure sports, the choice is yours. Plan a visit to the best northeastern destination in June with family and enjoy your family time to the fullest.
Why should you visit Shillong in June with your family?
Shillong weather in June: Shillong in summer remains quite cool and pleasant, which is perfect for sightseeing and adventure activities. However, the temperature in Shillong in June remains between 15°C to 24°C and receives heavy rainfalls.
Attractions in Shillong: Some of the best activities to do in Shillong include –
- Boating in Umiam Lake.
- Trek to David Scott’s Trail.
- Experience the extreme thrill of river rafting at Ranikor.
- Try waterfall rappelling at Elephant Falls.
- Camping on Khasi Hills.
- Visit the Mawsmai Cave and Dobakhol Cave.
- Plan a day-out to Krem Dam.
- Take a walk around Wards Lake.
- Hangout at Nokrek National Park.
- Walking in the clouds at Cherapunji.
- Shop at Police Bazar.
Best Places to Visit in June with family in West India
11. Lonavala, Maharashtra
Visit the Jewel of Sahyadri
One of the most beautiful hill stations of Maharashtra, Lonavala is one of the best places to go in June with family in India. It is a well-known holiday destination in India as well as Maharashtra as it offers pleasant weather, peaceful ambiance, and treats families with unspoiled nature. Take your family to this hill station and enjoy the bonding time that you otherwise do not get often. The lush greenery of the Western Ghats will surely be going to leave you spellbound.
Why should you visit Lonavala in June with your family?
Lonavala weather in June: The average temperature in Lonavala in June remains around 26.5°C. The pleasant weather and clear skies enable families to have a great time enjoying themselves here.
Attractions in Lonavala: Make the most of your time in Lonavala with these activities and attractions –
- Hike to Tiger’s Leap.
- Watch the sunset at Lions Point.
- Trek to Rajmachi Fort.
- Plan a picnic at Kune Waterfalls.
- Teach kids some history at Bedsa Caves.
- Enjoy the panoramic views at Duke’s Nose.
- Experience a hot air balloon safari.
- Stroll at Ryewood Park.
- Visit Valvan Dam.
- Take your kids to Bhushi Dam.
12. Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
The Queen of ALL Hill Stations
One of the most favored places to visit in Maharashtra with family in June, Mahabaleshwar is a wonderful place offering wonderful experiences. The stunning viewpoints, serene waterfalls, old-age temples, and calm lakes make Mahabaleshwar an ideal place to visit for families. The weather in June here is also pleasant, which ultimately gives you a respite from the sweltering summer heat. So, if you want to experience the best of Mahabaleshwar, do enjoy savoring some strawberries and make your family time more pleasant.
Why should you visit Mahabaleshwar in June with your family?
Mahabaleshwar weather in June: The temperature in Mahabaleshwar in June remains between 17°C and 21.6°C. During this time, the weather is quite soothing and you can easily enjoy many things in Mahabaleshwar.
Attractions in Mahabaleshwar: Some of the best things to do in Mahabaleshwar as a family are –
- Savor the strawberries at Mapro Garden.
- Explore the scenic viewpoints.
- Enjoy a boat ride on Venna Lake.
- Witness breathtaking views from Pratapgarh Fort.
- Offers prayers at various Mahabaleshwar temples.
- Enjoy camping at Tapola.
- Go back in time at Rajpuri Caves.
- Soak in the serenity at the Christ Church.
- Visit Dhobi Waterfall.
- Enjoy rides at Velocity Entertainment.
June might be hot in most parts of India, but you can surely cool yourself down at these best places to visit in India in June with family. “Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.” Read that again and start planning your trip to the summer holiday destinations in India. Where are you heading first?