The first time I had a Hilton experience was way back in 2016 at Hilton Colombo.
The Hilton Colombo owns the title of Sri Lanka’s premier hotel. Located in the central part of the capital city, the hotel offers you a spectacular view of the Indian Ocean through its guest rooms, executive rooms and suites. This place makes a perfect stay for people who are in Sri Lanka for business, leisure or a mix of both. The luxurious accommodations and amazing services are meant to pamper you 24/7 and make your stay here an experience to remember for a lifetime.
My Favorite Room
The Executive room on the Executive floor is my favorite room in the entire hotel. It is a sprawling accommodation with state-of-the-art amenities such as a fully stocked mini bar and a mini-fridge. The suite offers splendid views of the Indian ocean and Colombo city. It has a sitting area with a sofa and high bandwidth Wi-Fi. The bed is huge and has hypoallergenic sheets with a luxurious set of sheets that gives you the feel of sleeping on clouds. The security system in the suite is also very high-tech with an electronic door locking mechanism. Other facilities include a beautiful bathroom with a marble tub and a shower with multiple pressure settings.
Wine & Dine
The Hilton Colombo has a total of 6 in-house dining facilities. All of them guarantee you a great dining experience.
- The Stella Karaoke Bar is a vibrant bar with an extensive drinks menu which can be enjoyed with retro and rock music.
- The Poolside Bar makes a wonderful lunch setting.
- The Lounge and Bar have a very sophisticated and urban feel to it.
- Il Ponte is Sri Lanka’s only trattoria and provides a soft homely environment.
- Graze Kitchen is a buffet restaurant that showcases live and interactive cooking.
- Curry Leaf Restaurant serves you world-class authentic Sri Lankan cuisine.
Some of the other amenities that the guests can enjoy include the following:
- Business Center: Consists of meeting rooms for your convenience.
- Babysitting Facilities: Creche and a supervised playground for your children while you are busy at work.
- A Fitness Room: A fully equipped gym for your inner fitness freak.
- Sightseeing Tours: You can request a tour at the front desk.
- Squash Court: Unwind and have a friendly match with your family or associates here.
- Valet Parking: Hilton focuses on bringing convenience to you
The Hilton Colombo Hotel is located at the business district of the city and there are a lot of attractions nearby that the guests can visit. Some of them are:
- Gangaramaya Temple: It is a holy Buddhist temple and is a place of utmost importance to the Sri Lankan culture.
- National and Dutch Museum: The two museums cover the history of the nation and the Dutch era.
- National Zoological Gardens of Sri Lanka: The garden is host to a huge species of flora and fauna native to the country.
- Independence Memorial Hall: This is a national monument of Sri Lanka that was made to commemorate the country’s independence in 1948.
- Wolvendaal Kerk: This is a Dutch-colonial era Protestant Church that makes one of the most important buildings from that period.
- Old Parliament Building: This is the building that houses the Presidential Secretariat of Sri Lanka.
Recommended Restaurants Nearby
Some of the recommended restaurants that are situated near The Hilton Hotel are:
- Ikoi Tei by WIP: The sushi here is to die for!
All in all, I must say that the overall experience at The Hilton Colombo was by far the best hotel stay I have had. The services by the staff were beyond my expectations and it was pure pleasure to experience a stay here.
Please follow and like us: